svn commit: samba r18966 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/libsmb: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Sep 28 00:53:25 GMT 2006

Jeremy,

 > Well spotted ! Thanks (however did you track that one
 > down ? :-).

a very long debugging session on volkers solaris8 box.

What I did was neuter all the random generation, sequence numbers etc,
so all creds etc are predictable and repeatable between my x86 laptop
and the sparc box. Then I added lots of dump_data_pw() lines, and used
'diff -u' between the smbd output on x86 and sparc. It showed all the
inputs to decode_pw_buffer() were right, but the outputs were wrong.

Cheers, Tridge