svn commit: samba r18875 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/groupdb: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Sep 24 22:14:44 GMT 2006

Volker,

 > The comment field can be empty

I'm curious as to why it failed without this patch?

The comment field is a fstring in GROUP_MAP, which means 'empty'
cannot be NULL, it must just be a zero length string. The
ldb_msg_add_string() function should be quite happy with a zero length
string, so the code as it was should have been fine.

What were the symptoms? I partly ask because if your patch is needed
it would seem to indicate a bug in ldb_msg_add_string(), which
definately should be fixed.

Cheers, Tridge