samba config registry rpc - proposal

Chetan D Shringarpure chetan.sh at in.ibm.com
Thu Sep 21 06:45:34 GMT 2006

Volker Lendecke <vlendec at SerNet.DE> wrote on 09/20/2006 09:38:08 PM:

> I'm not really aware of a "usershare api". I pointed you at
> the usershares because I think that you can hook into the
> same places where the usershare functions are being called
> for listing and reading out the shares.

I was indeed referring to the usershare functions. The hooks will go in
where the usershare functions are currently called at server end.

> > 3. Is it a good idea to store the info "registry" shares in tdb ? Or
is
> > libelektra instead a better option ?
>
> In the first run I'd look at just the tdb. You might be able
> to directly look into what is done in reg_db.c and re-use
> it.

I think the registry db interface allows sufficient level of abstraction
for me to not really worry about the backend initially.
However having the libelektra db in the samba tree would be very much
helpful. Are there any plans for the SoC libelektra code getting into the
main tree ?

best regards,

Chetan Shringarpure
IBM India Pvt. Ltd.