smbc_attr_server() and Kerberos/SPNEGO problem ?

Porlin Kang porlin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 22:24:50 GMT 2006

Hello,

I wrote a program to retrieve ACLs for all files in a
given share using Kerberos/SPNEGO. Seems that
smbc_getxattr() failed to get ACLs due to SPNEGO login
error.

I set the SMB_CTX_FLAG_USE_KERBEROS flag in the smbc
context. I could authenticate to the share correctly
and retrieve all the directory entries.

However, the SPNEGO login to IPC$ (done by
smbc_attr_server()) failed because smbc_attr_server()
calls cli_full_connection() with flags set to 0. Is
there any way to pass CLI_FULL_CONNECTION_USE_KERBEROS
in the flag ?

I set a breakpoint in smbc_attr_server() and noticed
that cli->use_spnego is True but cli->use_kerberos is
False.

       if (flags & CLI_FULL_CONNECTION_DONT_SPNEGO)
                cli->use_spnego = False;
        else if (flags &
CLI_FULL_CONNECTION_USE_KERBEROS)
                cli->use_kerberos = True;

Is smb_getxattr() supposed to work with
kerberos/SPNEGO ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your time.
-Porlin