C99 support in Samba 3

Albert Chin samba-technical at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Sun Sep 17 04:29:09 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 03:32:26PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> So it looks like the only problem for production use of C99 in Samba
> is Solaris8 of older where the sysadmin can't update their compiler
> (which is the situation I'm in at the moment).
>
> You still might prefer not to mandate C99 structures in Samba3, but at
> I thought I'd point out that there are far fewer systems that don't
> have them than we orginally thought.

"Proper" C99 support requires a conforming C99 libc library. If you
don't wish to use any of the new C99 functions, then you're ok. We did
a survey of the native compiler C99 support across all of our
platforms at the time in January 2006:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-January/msg00275.html

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)