many thanks to 'lilo'

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Sep 16 22:02:03 GMT 2006

As some of you may have heard, Rob Levin, known as 'lilo' on IRC, died
today after being hit by a car a few days ago.

On behalf of the Samba community I'd like to express our sorrow at
losing lilo, and our gratitude to him for providing such fantastic
service to the free software community over the years.

The #samba-technical IRC channel has been an extremely important
development resource for the Samba developers for many years. in all
of my interactions with lilo I found him to be extremely helpful, and
I am quite sure he will be sorely missed.

For those of you who don't know the background to the freenode.net
network, you may wish to visit http://freenode.net/, and maybe
consider making a donation. The PDPC (peer directed projects center)
runs freenode for the benefit of the free software community.

Regards,

 Andrew Tridgell
 Samba Team