loadparm in Samba4

simo idra at samba.org
Sat Sep 16 17:24:37 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 12:17 -0500, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> I don't believe this at all! I think its perfectly obvious that
> "read only = yes" is an override for anything else set on the
> share. Similarly I think that "valid users" is a perfectly obvious
> override for the list of users who can do a tcon.
>
> Overrides like these make admins lives much easier. There is no way we
> should remove them.

Given your strong opinion it seem a lost battle for me, but I know it is
not so easy to understand what's going on when you change the share ACL
form a windows box and still you can't access the files or even a share.
That's because form a win box you don't see the read only, valid users,
etcc.. parms (at least that's what happen in samba3).

That's why I am not proposing to get rid of these parameters, but use
them to build up a virtual ACL. I want to get rid of of lp_readonly()
not of the read only parameter in share_classic.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer