NTLM documentation updates/revisions

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 00:20:49 GMT 2006

I made a few additional updates to my NTLM document (although project
web services seem to be down on sourceforge currently, so might not be
available at the moment):

1) Documented a new "OS Version" structure seen in messages
(apparently introduced at some point in a recent patch):

    http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html#osVersionStructure

2) Documented variant forms of username/domain seen in the Type 3
message (DOMAIN\user, domain.com\user, user at DOMAIN, user at domain.com):

    http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html#nameVariations

3) Updated documentation on calculation of the NTLMv2 intermediate
hash value (previously documented as HMAC-MD5 digest of the uppercase
Unicode username + uppercase Unicode domain; actually is HMAC-MD5 of
uppercase Unicode username + case-sensitive Unicode domain, where the
case must match that of the domain name field presented in the Type 3
message).

Eric