Update to NTLM docs

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 14:52:10 GMT 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 02:09, Eric Glass wrote:

Hi Eric,

> The key (in this case) is the NTLM user session key; it is the MD4
> digest of the NTLM hash (which is itself the MD4 digest of the Unicode
> password):

In the end that's what put me on the right track. I was using the ASCII
password to generate a seesion key if ntlm_auth didn't provide me with one.
Changing this to unicode fixed it. I guess the moral of the story is that if
an encryption doesn't work for you in some cases, and in some cases it does,
be damn sure the inputs are correct before complaining.

Thanks alot for your time.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/