Update to NTLM docs

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:56:50 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 20:22, Eric Glass wrote:
> The second sealing operation had me puzzled for a bit; but it looks
> like the output buffer from the first sealing operation is being
> inadvertently passed as the input buffer for the second (i.e. rather
> than encrypting 0x000102030405060708 as the second message, it is
> encrypting 0x2097118ac9f028260b - the ciphertext from the first
> encryption).

Yeah, sorry. I hacked up the program I'm using for my wine tests, and usually
I have another decryption (client side) on that buffer so by the time the
second EncryptMessage happens, that buffer is decrypted again.

Unfortunately, this is not what I am doing wrong in my wine conformance tests.
I'll read over your answer a bit more and try to find a way to do a more sane
check of this.

> The attached is marked up with more details, but briefly:

Thanks.

> key = 0xae33a32dca8c9821844f740d5b3f4d6c

The key is (this being NTLMv1) at an offset of 216 bytes if the server context
exported, right?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/