svn commit: samba r18030 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/tdb/common: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Sep 4 14:05:26 GMT 2006

Metze,

 > in the header files would be all we need.
 > That's what I see in a lot of files under /usr/include/
 > e.g. all apr*.h files

I know a lot of libs do that, but I was under the (possibly
misguided!) impression that a naive port to C++ like that leads to a
very poor library for C++ use.

I know its OK for libraries with really simple interfaces (like most
of libc), but is it really useful for libraries with much more complex
semantics like tdb, talloc, ldb, libndr, pidl etc ?

What sort of applications do you think will use this? If there really
is a big need for it then great, I just don't want us to add such an
ugly coding convention unless there is some real gain.

Cheers, Tridge