[RFC] libreplace (was: Re: svn commit: samba r17738 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/ldb: . ldb_tdb)

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Sep 2 04:30:32 GMT 2006

Jelmer,

 > There is some CGI script that you can simply drop in the branch IIRC,
 > though I don't think CGI scripts are currently allowed on
 > people.samba.org.

It would be great to enable that. Deryck or Jerry, would it be ok to
install the bzr web stuff? I haven't ever seen it, but I'm guessing
its something like websvn.

 > You should be able to create just a working copy using:
 >
 > bzr checkout --lightweight
 > http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/4.0-replace

I've tried a few times, and get things like this:

  bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock: transport is read only: <bzrlib.transport.http._urllib.HttpTransport_urllib url=http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/.bzr/repository/>
  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/lockable_files.py:110: UserWarning: file group LockableFiles(<bzrlib.transport.local.LocalTransport url=file:///data/samba/bzr/4.0-replace/.bzr/checkout/>) was not explicitly unlocked
    warn("file group %r was not explicitly unlocked" % self)

So I guess you should just commit to svn and we can look at it there
:-)

>From your description, it sounds like you're solution will be better
than what we have now anyway!

Cheers, Tridge