RE Help config. VPN to Samba server - UK Charity

Nick Gorman ngorman at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 1 15:53:20 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have access from a XP pc through VPN and through a Billion ADSL router on
to network.
I can see the samba file server and log onto it using ssh.
However I can't see the drives / files etc. in windows?  I have logged onto
windows servers in the same network, which use the samba network (Linux O/s
Redhat 8).
What I want to do is put a dial-in connection on my laptop which I have
done, then dial-in via VPN PPTP but I can see the file / network Samba
server or login in to my account.  I have a IP allocated by the router on
the internal network.
I know I must be close but I am not a Samba expert and my background is in
mostly in UNIX (HP).
Can you help or point me in the right direction, so I can set-up a dial-in
connection for home users?
Kind regards,

Nick Gorman ?

Email: ngorman at btinternet.com

Optimism is an intellectual choice.
privileged material; it is for the intended addressee's only.
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses but there no guarantee’s
that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.