svn commit: samba r17979 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/utils SAMBA_3_0_23/source/utils

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 1 04:39:25 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 02:39:41PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Why not just add a '--full-username' option?

I'm trying not to add any more command line options. That
way lies madness, looking at the complexity of this code.

> But I fail to see why firefox needs to specify this:  Winbindd should
> fill in the username, from the session (Even if checkied, I would be
> worried if the user could specify it, given we are returning cached
> credentials).

Don't worry, it's checking the user on the other end of the pipe
using the kernel peercred function - the given username is a sanity
check that who winbindd thinks it is matches who the client claims
to be.

Jeremy.