svn commit: samba r17979 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/utils SAMBA_3_0_23/source/utils

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 1 04:39:41 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 04:15 +0000, jra at samba.org wrote:
> Author: jra
> Date: 2006-09-01 04:15:04 +0000 (Fri, 01 Sep 2006)
> New Revision: 17979
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=17979
>
> Log:
> Make ntlm_auth more intelligent about figuring out it's
> domain and user args. if only given a parameter of the
> form --username DOMAIN\user. When called by firefox
> or other user apps they may not know what the domain
> is (and they don't care). They just want to pass the
> contents of $USERNAME without having to parse it
> or guess a domain.
> Jeremy.

Why not just add a '--full-username' option?

This is how I tried to avoid this kind of problem in the ntlm-server-1
server protocol.

But I fail to see why firefox needs to specify this:  Winbindd should
fill in the username, from the session (Even if checkied, I would be
worried if the user could specify it, given we are returning cached
credentials).