svn commit: samba r17977 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/libsmb: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 1 00:55:58 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 20:45 +0000, vlendec at samba.org wrote:
> Author: vlendec
> Date: 2006-08-31 20:45:29 +0000 (Thu, 31 Aug 2006)
> New Revision: 17977
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=17977
>
> Log:
> To be honest, I have NO idea whatsoever what this does, but it fixes what I
> have been able to reproduce with smbtorture4 for bug number 4059. It's too
> late here now to check with W2k native, I'll do that tomorrow or over the
> weekend. I'll then also check in a samba4 torture test to walk this from now
> on.
>
> Abartlet, can you do me a favor and look over this? It is a 1:1 copy of the
> corresponding Samba4 code.

This looks entirely reasonable:  The input session key for a 'there is
no session key' case should be all zeros, and if 'LM key' is selected,
this should then be forced past the LM key weakening algorithm.

I agree we need more tests on this: copying in the sample values from
the updated davenport docs would do a lot of good.