ldb speed

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Oct 30 14:53:35 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 00:49 +1100, Luke Howard wrote:
> >> Why would the member attribute change if the group is renamed?
> >
> >*memberOf* sorry
>
> You may not want to store this. pp20-21
>
> http://www.openldap.org/conf/odd-wien-2003/luke.pdf

I've seen this before, but may I ask why do you prefer to resolve these
attributes at search time instead of at add/modify/delete/rename time?

Searching is the most common operation, so optimizing for search is
always better than any other case.

So let's suppose you have this 10000 users group, do you end up making
10000 queries to resolve all the 10000 UUID reference links?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer