unpack_nt_owners fails with owner S-1-5-32-544

Wed Oct 25 16:13:04 GMT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 07:21:05AM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  - once we know which type the SID is, update the sidmap database to
>    flag which type it is, but also keep in the database the 'wrong'
>    mapping, keeping the incorrect gid or uid reserved.

One problem here: The role as perceived by Samba can change.
A user SID that we get as such in the token can show up in
the groups list via the sidHistory feature later on. This is
a different problem, but I just wanted to note that "once we
know which type the SID is" is not as fixed as you might
wish.

Volker