unpack_nt_owners fails with owner S-1-5-32-544

Tue Oct 24 20:06:20 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:51:23PM +0200, Peter Somogyi wrote:
> Is it by design, or something we could improve?
> Or should we map S-1-5-32-544 (Administrators) to a uid (e.g. root) ??

That's indeed a very good question, and in fact this is
another argument for winbind to always allocate both a uid
and a gid whenever a unix id is needed. The case where a
user pops up in a group role was well known (sidHistory),
but you have just shown a case where the opposite can also
happen.

What do the others think?

Volker