Vista RC2 doesn't like samba-3.0.10+ or 3.0.22+

Mon Oct 16 04:19:55 GMT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 05:05:31PM +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
> Nope. \\CROM was ADS once - but was turned over to "security=DOMAIN"
> weeks before the Vista box was even built. It is possible AD still
> *thinks* CROM is ADS - could it have told the Vista box via WINS or
> something?

Possibly. Can you try to completely delete the computer
account in AD and re-join?

> ...or it's a Vista bug? :-)

I have to read the RFC (yes, for this particular part
there's docs around), but I would guess it's a Vista bug.

> (I guess not. I'd imagine a lot of Samba folk are already thrashing out
> Vista against Samba)

I would not hold my breath for that, I did not yet install
RC2, only RC1....

Volker