svn commit: samba r19255 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: nsswitch param

simo idra at samba.org
Sat Oct 14 00:57:44 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 08:49 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 17:37 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> >
> > Jeremy,

> > > Oooh - good point.... might work !
> >
> > This gives me the hibbie-jibbies.  I repeat, "*why* do we care?"
>
> And we risk then importing a 'static' list of all the users supplied by
> another nss library, such as nss_ldap.

This is actually the point.
If you have local users probably you don't want to override them with
domain users (think of service accounts or other local accounts that
must be local no matter what).

But I have no hard feelings here, to me it just make sense, but I
recognize there may be other POVs (and I am not the one that proposed
this, I just proposed a better way to do it instead of hard-linking a
list of user names).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce