Winreg EnumValue returns junk values

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:30:36 GMT 2006

On 10/13/06, Chetan S <cshring at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The winreg_enumvalue digs out values perfectly fine from the tdb and
> this is observed in the server side log.smbd. However on the rpc
> client side no value is listed. More importantly it receives junk.
>
> The problem perhaps lies with the idl.
>
> Another thing I've observed while using the winreg_SetValue call - I
> could pass an utf8 string to the api while it says it requires utf16
> string.
>
> Why this is important - when the registry db inits, some values which
> are default registry values for certain keys go in as utf8. I wonder
> if the winreg_enumvalue api requires the strings in the tdb to be
> utf16 too ?
>
> regards,
> Chetan S

Further to my mail this problem I observed in the latest Samba_3_0 branch code.

I tried enumerating with  -  "net rpc registry enumerate" call to
check the values for a given subkey, when I encountered the problem

I could view the values with a tdbdump of the registry.tdb, but they
never reached the client side properly.

regards,
Chetan S.