net/if.h on HP/UX host hpisgr8

Fri Oct 6 20:35:56 GMT 2006

Hi again..

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 03:32:50PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Oh host hpisgr8 (HP/UX 11.23?) smbtorture3 does not run
> because it can not automatically detect interfaces.
> configure says

A friendly mail by Don made me look a bit closer: We can not
include <net/if.h> because we

#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

somewhere in configure before compiling the test program that
includes net/if.h. This kills it.

I did not find why or where we #define that value on HP/UX 11.23,
does some autoconf/configure.in guru have a quick idea?

If not, this will have to wait till next week :-)

Volker