using virtual synchrony for CTDB

Tracy Camp campt at openmars.com
Fri Oct 6 18:09:54 GMT 2006

Snake oil aside, 'DLM' like clustering schemes, which the CTDB proposal
seems like it could be grouped with, are best implemented with p-t-p
messages for the latency concerns already expressed.  However also using a
VS group communications layer to provide a generation number than can then
be embedded in each P-T-P message provides P-T-P w/o the overhead of VS
for the latecy sensitive messages.  Sort of a scheme that breaks the
'control' apart from the 'data' transports.

Tracy Camp