updated newidmap

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Oct 4 13:06:43 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 08:17 -0400, simo wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 08:29 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 05:04:57PM -0400, simo wrote:
> > > Ok this is the third draft revision:
> > > http://samba.org/~idra/samba3_newidmap.pdf
> >
> > Okay except you still have the allocator in idmap_methods :-)
>
> I know, I could split it into 2 methods and make the modules register 2
> interfaces, one for the ID mapper and one for the ID allocator, but it
> will require a lot of duplication, in the code, in the configuration,
> not sure it is worth it.

Ok, after a brief discussion on IRC with Volker, we have settled for
splitting the interface in two.

The document has been updated to reflect the split we will have an
idmap_methods structure and an idmap_alloc_methods structure, and 2
initialization, configuration options etc ... to register and init both
interfaces.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce