updated newidmap

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Oct 3 19:51:29 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 21:45 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:40:14PM -0400, simo wrote:
> > Actually we can't, if you share an ldap repo with multiple member server
> > you need to be able to tell that the allocator is on ldap so that they
> > can all use the same HWM and share the data.
> >
> > So tying the allocator to a module is probably necessary.
> >
> > if we have
> > default:ldap:60001-500000
> >
> > we must be able to use it to keep the HWM on that ldap server
>
> Sure. 100% ack. The "single allocator" thing means that next
> to pdb, idmap and vfs we get a whole new module
> infrastructure. One of them will be tdb, another will be
> ldap.

A whole new infrastructure just for a single call?

IDmap can surely do it without needing to fork off a new subsystem
let me update the document with the graphic of IDmap internals and let's
see if that design is ok for you.

It's the concept that we need to get right imo.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer