updated newidmap

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Oct 3 19:40:14 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 21:34 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:28:27PM -0400, simo wrote:
> > I'd like to make the default "domain" the one that defines the allocator
> > range.
> > Is it ok a syntax like:
> >
> > DOMAIN_X:ldap:10000:60000
> > default:tdb:60001-500000:allocate=true|false
>
> Huh? No separate module interface/parameter for the
> allocation? I thought we get rid of allocation from the
> idmap module interface as such.

Actually we can't, if you share an ldap repo with multiple member server
you need to be able to tell that the allocator is on ldap so that they
can all use the same HWM and share the data.

So tying the allocator to a module is probably necessary.

if we have
default:ldap:60001-500000

we must be able to use it to keep the HWM on that ldap server

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer