updated newidmap

Tue Oct 3 18:34:42 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:24:05PM -0400, simo wrote:
> Ok this is more or less what I had in mind, only you have to consider
> that you may have different ranges for different modules so in the end
> it does not make sense to me to split it completely out.

I don't see the necessity to have different ranges that you
can allocate from for separate domains. The only reason from
my point of view to have backends per domain is the static
ones like idmap_rid and idmap_ad. Having different pools to
allocate from makes no sense I think, you will anyway need a
general fallback pool if a SID passes by that does not match
any domain you are aware of or you currently have
configured. Separate pools lead to admin chaos.

Volker