updated newidmap

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Oct 3 14:46:26 GMT 2006

I have updated the document
( http://samba.org/~idra/samba3_newidmap.pdf ) to eliminate the flags
and change IDmap behavior accordingly to my last email of this night.

Volker suggested to also change IDmap to always allocate a uid and a gid
at the same time and not use the lookupsid.
This implies a lot more work outside IDmap I am not willing to make at
this point (changing the ACL code, dealing with backwards compatibility
and keeping a mixed situation working, etc..)
Also removing the lookupsid safeguard will need some other method to
guard against possible DOSs.

In any case I made a little change to the unixid structure so that in
case we want to later change this behavior we can do that by just
ignoring the type and always considering the unixid as both a uid and a
gid.

Comments are welcome.
Simo.

--