conflict between new password must change code and force uninitialized passwords

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Mon Oct 2 00:27:46 GMT 2006

I've found a conflict between the new "password must change at next logon"
code and the forcing of "uninitialized" passwords keyed off of the
pass_last_set_time of zero.  My suspicion is that the pass_last_set_time of
zero was misinterpreted, but I'm going to run some vampire tests to verify
this.  At least in the user_info_21 and _23 structures, windows uses 0 to
mean "must change at next logon".

So basically, right now, if you set this flag, your password will be cleared
out.