stratos box

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Nov 29 22:45:51 GMT 2006

Andrew Bartlett [mailto:abartlet at samba.org] wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 18:20 +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > The Stratus box in the build farm doesn't seem to be picking up the
> > new *.fns in the build_farm scripts? I've made quite a few changes
> > there lately, and without the changes some packages won't build
> > correctly.
> >
> > Any idea why it doesn't update?
>
> Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.  I disabled Samba4 (because the
> Heimdal code uses very long pathnames), but it didn't disable.
>
> Paul,
>
> I know you have some custom patches, but I would really prefer you
> either got these in our code, or we did the patching in public build
> farm code, not in your private scripts?

Andrew & Tridge,

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I have just committed my
previously private versions of the m12.fns and m104.fns control files
into the repository. I have also updated the build_test script that I
use to respect the downloaded copies from the repository and not replace
them locally. Any changes that you make to the copies in the respository
will now take effect here, as you would expect.

I will next strive to eliminate all of the local patches I have in
place.  I just got rid of the local patches for ccache.  This will cause
it to start failing for me in the build farm, but that's not the copy
that I run here anyway.  I also don't think you really want all of my
patches for ccache, because I had to squish the names of the cached
files down to 32 characters.  If I was to check those changes into the
tree, everyone's cache would be affected.  I do have a couple of other
useful changes for better error reporting inside ccache; I'll see if I
can split those out and commit them sometime.  The good news is that we
are about to add long file name support to VOS, so the need for this
sort of squishing will go away soon.

At this point, I am only patching tdb and samba_3_0 to get them to
build. All of the other trees are built as-is.  The tdb patch is to fix
the Makefile to handle executable extensions. I think I posted it to the
list a few months ago.  I'll ensure it is up-to-date and working on
several platforms, then repost it for review.

The samba_3_0 patches are a grab bag of small changes that I made when I
first got the test suite to run on VOS.  I'll re-examine them and figure
out which ones still apply.  It shouldn't be hard to eliminate them
either.

Thanks
PG