ldb for 3.0.24?

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Nov 29 20:54:53 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 07:36 +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Simo,
>
>  > Let me know if I have to merge modifications to ldb to samba3 or i you
>  > are going to remove it.
>
> The recent performance improvements should not go into 3.0.24, they
> just haven't had enough testing yet. It wouldn't matter for the
> indexing change, as that is trivially coped with as I described in my
> last message, but I think we need to spend more time testing the
> performance changes before they are released for general use.

Tridge,
I had no plans to immediately merge that code anyway.
Seem there are pretty hard feelings around ldb and I don't want to force
that code on anyone.
I am leaving any decision up to Jerry or whoever feels strong enough in
one direction or another for what regards the use of ldb in Samba 3.x.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer