status of extra_cflags.txt

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Wed Nov 29 13:06:21 GMT 2006

Hi James,

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 10:41 -0800, James Peach wrote:
> What's the status of extra_cflags.txt (cflags.map?)? I can see that it
> is generated by smb_build, but it's not obvious how to get things into
> it. Exactly wehat is the relationship between what goes into the .mk
> files and what comes out into extra_cflags.txt?
It's generated based on the CFLAGS field set for the dependencies of a particular subsystem.
So, in the case of "smbclient" that needs popt headers:

[SUBSYSTEM::POPT] has CFLAGS = -Ilib/popt/

[BINARY::smbclient] has PRIVATE_DEPENDENCIES = POPT

> For example, when I add a source file that includes popt_common.h, I
> need extra_cflags.txt for that file to have an additional -I./lib/
> popt ... how do I make this happen?
Add POPT to the list of dependencies for the subsystem that needs popt.

Cheers,

Jelmer