infiniband: ?

Peter Somogyi psomogyi at gamax.hu
Tue Nov 28 12:45:30 GMT 2006

Tridge,

I've refined http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Project_ibwrapper

Important:
1) you won't get IP addr of remote node in/after ibw_accept. I can work this
around, just please tell me if it's really needed.

2) +1 waiting needed after ibw_accept (you get ibw_conn in callback, not
immediately). It's a difference from socket.

3) +1 new function is necessary to avoid memcpy (if you're really interested
in speed): see ibw_alloc_send_buf. (memory regions need to be allocated by ib
for sending/receiving). BTW. I assume ctdb protocol is not pingpong-like, but
you can send/recv messages independently and asynchronously (in 1-1 node
context). Please tell me if you don't need this.

Peter