smbtorture - why has it's output format changed?

Thu Nov 23 23:07:11 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 09:21:50AM +1100, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> Okay, I spent a few days a while ago whacking up a parser for the output
> of smbtorture so it could be used as a "see, it works" sort of thing,
> (pointed at Samba 3 servers (and yes, I *know* it's not really meant for
> that, but it's a good yardstick)).
>
> Yesterday, I update my samba 4 sources after some time in limbo, build
> it anew, and find that it has all changed.
>
> Why?

Simple: smbtorture is a developer tool which was *never*
meant to have any kind of stable standard output at all.

The only thing that you should be able to rely on is the
exit code.

What do you want to achieve with your parser? Is there
possibly another way for you to achieve your goal?

Volker