Registry Shares?

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:46:21 GMT 2006

On 11/22/06, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 12:50:59PM +0530, Chetan S wrote:
> > However wouldn't it make sense to preserve the value as original
> > string ? or should it be parsed and taken care of by the reg api ??
> > Pushing the parsing to later stage has its advantages of single point
> > validation (at later stage) and quicker rpc
>
> We need thorough validation at the RPC level I think. For
> example, setting a value name that is not a parameter should
> be rejected. I think the user needs immediate feedback. And
> at the RPC level speed is rather irrelevant, it is reading
> at tconX time that is the critical part.
>
> Volker

Rejecting invalid parameter name is easier and quick enough for a
feedback. However more extensive value data validation can be
delegated to later levels than rpc.

Even if speed is not a consideration, abstracting out the api for
validation of parameter values, is essential. Its very essential that
the validation/checks are not embedded in the rpc.

regards,
Chetan Shringarpure