Registry Shares?

Wed Nov 22 07:00:57 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 07:20:14PM -0500, simo wrote:
> This is the problem, as we are going to change the interface with a
> completely different thing why keeping the old way of doing things, we
> know we have some things we should improve, and this may be a good time
> for it.
>
> For example valid users is basically a list of SIDs internally (anybody
> said ACL ?) are you going to keep that as a list of names?

Yes, I'll keep it that way. You always have the share
secdesc on top of it.

> a good enough directory model, but we may as well want to expose data
> via other directory models.

Sure. But this should be doable I think. We already have
some samba3 mapping layers in samba4 for other things, so if
we agree the basic registry model is sane for smb.conf, this
should be presentable in a compatible way in samba4 as well.

Volker