svn commit: samba r19630 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/cmdline: .

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Wed Nov 8 20:48:46 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 11:01:55AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 23:48 +0000, mimir at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: mimir
> > Date: 2006-11-07 23:48:02 +0000 (Tue, 07 Nov 2006)
> > New Revision: 19630
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=19630
> >
> > Log:
> > Support specifying the realm name from command line.
> > Useful when testing calls against windows servers with krb auth.
>
> I'm quite happy with --realm, but I don't think taking 'r' is a good
> idea.  Lets just use long options.
>
> For authentication, you can also do username at realm in the -U argument.

Oh, good to know - I didn't remember that. Indeed '-r' is a bit too
recursive option :)

On the other hand, setting the realm eitherway doesn't completely help
because kerberos still complains:

Server is not registered with our KDC:  Miscellaneous failure (see
text): Server (krbtgt/MIDNET.NET at TRITONNET.NET) unknown

This sounds complicated as my natural reaction would be - "let's join the
domain then" - but we don't support it yet. Any other interpretation
or hint ?

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak