connection_struct vfs parameters for Samba3

James Peach jpeach at sgi.com
Wed May 24 06:18:47 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Based on my reading of the Samba3 VFS code, the connection_struct pointer
given by handle->conn should always be the same as the connection_struct
pointer that is also passed as an argument some of the backend VFS
operations.

I'd like to remove all the passing of connection_struct as a VFS backend
argument. Modules would use handle->conn (preferentially), though modules
that use fsp->conn would continue to do so. You would no longer need
to pass the conn parameter through the VFS_NEXT macros. (A patch is
in progress ...)

Does anyone see any problems with this? Am I reading the VFS code
correctly?

--
James Peach | jpeach at sgi.com | SGI Australian Software Group
I don't speak for SGI.