Admin logging SoC project requirements

Wed May 31 14:21:50 GMT 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:53:21AM -0400, simo wrote:
> It may be worth than to pass in the conn struct and make the user struct
> and any other necessary info is linked by that, this way we can add
> later other information without the need to change all the interfaces.

The conn struct as it is implemented right now has the
problem that it mixes both the vuid and tid information in
one structure. conn has historically (VERY long ago) been
what is the tree struct in Samba4. Mainly it comes from
times where we only supported security=share. Samba4 gets
this right by separating tid and vuid, and I want to slowly
morph Samba3 in that direction. Thus I want to add a
smbsrv_request structure that contains essentially the same
information that the corresponding samba4 structure also
has.

Volker