Admin logging SoC project requirements

Wed May 31 13:40:40 GMT 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 03:32:09PM +0200, Michael Krax wrote:
> I would certainly prefer that.  But in
> NTSTATUS pdb_add_sam_account(struct samu *sam_acct)
> we do not have any information about the requesting user.  That is
> contained in struct pipes_struct passed to
> NTSTATUS _samr_create_user(pipes_struct *p, SAMR_Q_CREATE_USER *q_u,
> 			   SAMR_R_CREATE_USER *r_u)

This is exactly what I'm working on right now... :-)

We have to pass environment information like current user
and other stuff around everywhere anyway. I was considering
to for example extend the VFS module interface to contain a
pointer to 'struct current_user' or something similar in
every call. I'm not fully certain about the exact design
yet, but passing a pointer to such information might turn
out to be necessary to become part of the pdb interface.

Volker