svn commit: samba r15942 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules lib/ldb lib/ldb/common lib/ldb/include lib/ldb/ldb_ildap lib/ldb/ldb_ldap lib/ldb/ldb_tdb lib/ldb/modules nbt_server/wins setup

simo idra at samba.org
Tue May 30 00:52:16 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 10:37 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 23:46 +0000, idra at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: idra
> > Date: 2006-05-29 23:46:43 +0000 (Mon, 29 May 2006)
> > New Revision: 15942
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=15942
> >
> > Log:
> >
> > Remove the sync internal ldb calls altogether.
> > This means that some modules have been disabled as well as they
> > have not been ported to the async interface
> >
> > One of them is the ugly objectclass module.
> > I hope that the change in samldb module will make the MMC happy
> > without the need of this crappy module, we need proper handling
> > in a decent schema module.
>
> So, do we generically handle the objectClass sorting in samldb, or have
> you just removed it?  It may have been crappy code (the sorting is
> painful), but I would be very disappointed if the generic functionality
> has been removed.

It has been removed, actually in the provisioning the only classes that
are put in the subclasses lists are "domain" (dnsdomain) and
"person" (organizationalPerson, user, computer).

Our provisioning, and now the samldb module assure that these classes
are inserted in the correct order.

> I know we need a decent schema module, but removing functionality before
> we get it seems poor.

I am planning on working on the schema module as soon as I am ok with
the current changes, rewriting the objectclass module to be async would
require some time that I prefer spending to do the right thing (schema
module), it seem a waste to spend all that time to rewrite this module
just to throw it out on the next step.
Anyway I have no objection if you want to exercise yourself and get
confident with the async interface while rewriting it.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer