svn commit: samba r15942 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules lib/ldb lib/ldb/common lib/ldb/include lib/ldb/ldb_ildap lib/ldb/ldb_ldap lib/ldb/ldb_tdb lib/ldb/modules nbt_server/wins setup

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 30 00:37:17 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 23:46 +0000, idra at samba.org wrote:
> Author: idra
> Date: 2006-05-29 23:46:43 +0000 (Mon, 29 May 2006)
> New Revision: 15942
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=15942
>
> Log:
>
> Remove the sync internal ldb calls altogether.
> This means that some modules have been disabled as well as they
> have not been ported to the async interface
>
> One of them is the ugly objectclass module.
> I hope that the change in samldb module will make the MMC happy
> without the need of this crappy module, we need proper handling
> in a decent schema module.

So, do we generically handle the objectClass sorting in samldb, or have
you just removed it?  It may have been crappy code (the sorting is
painful), but I would be very disappointed if the generic functionality
has been removed.

I know we need a decent schema module, but removing functionality before
we get it seems poor.