3.0.23 pre1 + windows vista +SMB client

ahmed.feroz at wipro.com ahmed.feroz at wipro.com
Thu May 25 11:09:58 GMT 2006

Hi  we are using samba 3.0.23 pre1.

When I try to connect "windows vista version 6, build 5308, beta 2"
machine I was getting an error ...

Doing spnego session setup (blob length=80)

SPNEGO login failed: Unexpected information received

lang_tdb_init: /usr/local/samba3023pre1/lib/en_US.UTF-8.msg: No such
file or directory

session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0

Now I have changed "if(cli->secblob.length <= 16)" to "if
(cli->secblob.length <= 46)"  in  "source\libsmb\cliconnect.c"  will it
have any impact on other features of samba???

Thanks & Regards

Feroz Ahmed

Wipro Technologies

Bangalore