VFS file descriptor question - can it be VFS specific?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed May 24 22:51:38 GMT 2006

When SMB_VFS_OPEN() or other VFS module returns a file descriptor, is it
only going to be passed to other SMB_VFS_* modules, or will some part of
SAMBA try to use it as a real file descriptor?

The reason that I am asking is that I am looking at using a different
file system API than what is provided by using the C library or
SYSCALLS, and with that, the file descriptor would only be meaningful to
that specific VFS module.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only