administrator and domain issues

Dennis Ahaus dennis.ahaus at itconsult-ag.de
Wed May 24 12:27:11 GMT 2006

Hi at all,

i have a problem with samba as PDC. I have installed samba 3.0 as pdc with profiles safed on the server - this works. I have put the root user to samba. When I log into the domain from the client (with user root), and i.e. try to add a local user on this maschine, windowsXP says: you don`t have administrator privileges, please log in as an administrator to do that.

Question: is there any option in global section or anywhere else, to give the information to the windows client, which group is the domain admin. I have tested the option "domain admin group = root" but tail -f /var/log/meesages says: ignoring unknown parameter domain admin group

Amy ideas?

mit freundlichen Grüssen

Dennis Ahaus

ITConsult AG

Friedrich-Königstrasse 3-5

68167Mannheim

Telefon: +49 (621) 42649-28

Fax: +49 (621) 42649-19

Internet: www.ITConsult-AG.de <file:///C:\Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen\dennis.ahaus\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Signatures\www.ITConsult-AG.de>

e-Mail: dennis.ahaus at ITConsult-ag.de

Support: www.Consult24.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 69488 Birkenau
Eingetragen: Amtsgericht Fürth; HRB 41041
Vorstandsvorsitzender: Markus Gasser
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Reinhold Litterer