Samba 3.0.23-SVN and core files

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Wed May 24 00:58:17 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 00:02 +0200, Thomas Bork wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> the directory structure for core files in log dir will be created with
> Samba 3.0.23-SVN also if 'enable core files = no'.

Yes. The core directory is always set up in the primary smbd process
irrespective of whether core files are enabled at that time. This is to
handle the case where the "enable core files" setting changes without a
daemon restart. If we re-read smb.conf and find that we should now be
producing a core file, it might be too late to set up the core
directory.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org