Extracted list of smb.conf options

Thu May 18 11:38:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 04:11:45AM -0700, Andras Atzel wrote:
> As the list file comes from a copyrighted source, it also
> raises some legal issue. Could a copyright statement,
> something like in winbindd_nss.h be applicable here?

Putting _just_ the list of parameter names with their flags
and global/share setting into a 'use for anything' file is a
good idea I think. I'm not yet 100% certain how this
technically could be done most cleanly, but I would consider
this part of our external interface that others might want
to plug into.

Technically we might even go as far as putting this into a
.so. Upgrade Samba, and the new config options show up in
<insert your favourite tool> automatically.

Any other opinions?

Volker