proposed list of parameter to remove in 3.0.23

Fri May 12 18:22:50 GMT 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 07:49:16AM -0700, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Interesting.  I'm not sure if this is worth keeping them in
> the production code though.  Again, this seems more like
> something that should be in a vfs_magic_script.so lib.
> Of course then someone has to implement that lib.  Any volunteers?

Monyo's scenario might be possible, but the general case is
not possible to catch without a change in semantics in a VFS
module. We might not see the close(2) until much later due
to the pending close queue. And if we do, file_close_type is
lost.

But I'd be willing with that changed semantics in exchange
for better modularity :-)

Comments?

Volker