proposed list of parameter to remove in 3.0.23

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Fri May 12 14:27:51 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

>Richard Bollinger wrote:
>> On 5/11/06, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:
>>>        magic script
>>>        magic output
>>
>> We use magic script & magic output with some local patches that make
>> them somewhat more useful / secure in our environment.
>>
>> Rich B
>
>I think these two parameters (if anyone wanted them) would
>be better implemented as a VFS module.  I'd like to get the
>out of the core code.  Out of curiousity, what do you
>them for?  You're the first person I've ever run across
>that admitted to using them.

I used them for testing.

Run a test program on Windows PC, examine a test and then copy a
shell-script to change smb.conf and restart samba with the name
specified by "magic script" into a Samba share.

Then smb.conf is automatically changed and the test program examine
another test...

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu (monyo)                    monyo at monyo.com
                                               http://www.monyo.com/